Same as with every other service or product when looking for a roofing contractor, you’ll want to find the best. It is the professional who will be responsible for installing a new roof on your home.
To make sure that the job is done properly and according to your standards, you do want to hire the person or company who is right for the job that needs to be done.
Whether you are building a new home, renovating an existing one, or dealing with damages that have been left behind after severe Calgary weather, there are many reasons you may need a roofing contractor.
There are a few questions that you should ask a potential roofer before they start working on your house:
- Are they licensed?
- Does the roofer carry liability insurance?
- Do they offer free estimates?
- Are they able to provide referrals or reviews?
Each country has its own guidelines for what a person has to do to be a standard contractor. By making certain that the roofing contractor is licensed and insured, you can have the peace of mind and guarantee that the person is really a professional.
By verifying that the individual or company has liability insurance, you’ll be protected from any claims that might be filed due to injuries, property damages, accidents, or mishaps.
Here are a few more tips to help you find the best roofing contractor.
What to Consider When Choosing Roofing Company:
- Experience – This is the most important concern because a person’s workmanship experience will ensure that the work they will do on your roof is carried out in a professional manner.
- Look at their online reviews – A contractor’s reviews will offer you a better understanding of what they can do. Also, this will provide you with a list of references from previous customers.
- Pricing – You should get price quotes from few different companies and compare them. A good rule of thumb is to get estimates from three separate companies. Cheapest hardly ever means better, so it’s very important to follow up on asking for referrals along with quotes.
- Skills and Knowledge – When you are interested in hiring a roofer who really knows his profession, it is valuable for you to do a little research. Call the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and check to see if there are any complaints or other problems that have been filed against the contractor or take a look at their profile on HomeStars.
If you want to be sure that your roofing needs are being handled by the best, give us a call today at 587-284-1544 for a roof replacement in Calgary. We will get the job done right, the first time. We’ve got you (and your home) covered!