Hail Damage to Calgary Southwest Homes: Why Replacing Your Roof is Critical
Calgary Southwest is no stranger to hail storms. In fact, it is one of the areas in Canada that is most susceptible to hail damage to homes. This is because the area experiences regular thunderstorms, which can produce hailstones that are large enough to cause damage to roofs, siding, and windows.
If your home in Calgary Southwest has been damaged by hail, it is important to assess the damage and take steps to repair or replace the roof as soon as possible. This is because hail damage can weaken the structure of your roof and make it more vulnerable to leaks and further damage.
In order to ensure that your insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing a hail-damaged roof, it is important to follow a few key steps:
- Document the damage: Take photos and videos of the damage to your roof and keep them as evidence.
- Contact your insurance company: Report the damage to your insurance company as soon as possible so they can assess the damage and determine if it is covered by your policy.
- Work with a reputable contractor: Find a reputable contractor to repair or replace your roof. Make sure they are licensed and insured, and that they provide a written estimate of the cost of the work.
- Obtain written consent from your insurance company: Before any work is done on your roof, make sure to get written consent from your insurance company, including a detailed description of what work will be done and how much it will cost.
- Keep receipts and invoices: Keep all receipts and invoices related to the repair or replacement of your roof, as these will be needed when filing a claim with your insurance company.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of getting your insurance company to cover the cost of repairing or replacing a hail-damaged roof. In addition, by taking care of the damage as soon as possible, you can help protect your home from further damage and keep your family safe and comfortable.
Contact us for a free estimate